It is critical for teenage drivers to be aware of the responsibility and risk that go along with the excitement and freedom of driving. There are a number of important tips that new drivers should keep in mind: the importance of proper car maintenance, being aware of other drivers and driving defensively, as well as the dangers associated with texting while driving.
Below is a list of simple and straightforward, yet highly crucial tips to help keep new drives mindful and safe while they are on the road.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Obey the speed limits. When the light turns green, look to confirm that the intersection is clear.
- Make sure your windshield is clean, and make sure your car has gas in it (don’t drive around until the gauge is empty).
- Hold the steering wheel at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock.
- Drive like you own the car (not the road).
- Don’t make assumptions about what other drivers may do, and watch for aggressive drivers.
- Watch out for pedestrians, deer, as well as small animals – especially at dawn and dusk.
Even the safest and most diligent new driver’s vehicles obtain small scratches and dings. Whether it’s a ding, a dent, a scratch, or a broken light or mirror, Mercer Auto Body can make the repair. Contact us today and learn about our body and paintwork, as well as paintless dent repair services.
Mercer Auto Body services customers in Kennett Square, Avondale, West Grove, Landenberg, Toughkenamon, Hockessin DE, Chadds Ford, Unionville, and Concordville.