Over the next ten years, the auto industry will undergo a large transition. The need to reduce emissions is inspiring a shift toward electric cars and away from internal-combustion powertrains. The overall success of electric cars, and the various impacts on the auto industry are still under review; however, a comprehensive timeline of electric car trends is listed below.
- Modern electric cars have only been on North American roads for about five years.
- In 2016, the top selling electric cars were the Telsa Model S, Nissan LEAF, Chevrolet Volt. BMW i3, and Ford Fusion Energy.
- In 2017, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Hyundai will release electric models that offer at least 100 miles of range – a range that will become the industry standard.
- One in six cars sold in 2020 must be electric to meet fuel-economy rules.
- Electric cars will make up to fifteen percent of global new cars sales in 2025.
- Electric cars will dominate city roadways in 2030.
Mercer Auto Body is equipped to handle all repairs to your electric car. Call or stop by Mercer Auto Body today for a free consultation. The expert technicians at Mercer are trained to ensure the safest and highest quality repairs for your vehicle. Mercer Auto Body services customers in Kennett Square, Avondale, West Grove, Landenberg, Toughkenamon, Hockessin DE, Chadds Ford, Unionville, and Concordville.